GrayRobinson employment lawyers are active in representing employers in both public and private sector labor and employment law matters, human resource and employee relations issues.
Labor and Employment
Our employment lawyers have extensive employment law and litigation experience, and advise clients in all areas of agency, state and federal law, including:
- Title VII and Florida Civil Rights Act (discrimination and retaliation)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (wage and hour matters)
- Equal Pay Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining and Notification Act
- Public and private sector whistleblower litigation
- Preparing, enforcing and defending restrictive covenants (noncompete, nonsolicitation, nondisclosure)
- Immigration and I-9 Compliance
- Defense of employment at will and related contractual and tort claims
Additionally, our employment attorneys offer a variety of representation and services that will help you navigate through employment related laws and regulations. GrayRobinson:
- Represents employers in reemployment assistance benefits (unemployment) claims and the appeal process before the agency and in state courts.
- Has considerable experience in both drafting and counseling clients about policies, handbooks, employment contracts, confidentiality and trade secret agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Has experience in defending housing discrimination claims brought under federal and state law.
- Conducts HR audits and training for its clients.
- Advises on and conducts investigations of employee relations complaints.
GrayRobinson also advises government contractors on matters, including the Service Contract Act, Davis-Bacon Act, and the Executive Order 11246 (affirmative action programs).
The firm also defends employers against equal employment opportunity charges and claims in the investigation and litigation stages and advises clients with respect to administrative actions and claims arising pursuant to local ordinances.
GrayRobinson employment attorneys represent employers in alternative dispute resolution matters including arbitration and mediation.
GrayRobinson employment lawyers include nationally known traditional labor lawyers who have vast experience in litigating complex labor laws, including the Florida Public Employees Relations Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and the Railway Labor Act. The firm has represented Florida public sector employers at the city, county, constitutional officers, school district, community colleges, state universities, authority and special district levels. The labor practice includes:
- Advising employers in union avoidance in order to maintain a union-free workforce
- Union elections conducted by the government (NLRB or PERC)
- Collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practice litigation
GrayRobinson leverages its capabilities through membership in specially-selected law firm affiliations. One of these is the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), a select group of highly respected, broad-based law firms that are capable of servicing virtually every legal need for their corporate clients. ELA has a presence in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and more than 300 cities around the globe. ELA is ranked as one of only three law firm networks in Chambers USA in the "Employment: The Elite in Global-Wide" category.
We have forged our own path, creating a firm that best serves our clients and our communities. As we have grown, we have remained committed to keeping small-firm qualities, including the ability to work expeditiously on behalf of our clients and respond quickly to their needs. In addition, we have promised to work with conviction and compassion and to embrace our community as a matter of mission as well as passion.