With the ever-increasing movement of personnel between countries and the concomitant ability of the U.S. immigration authorities to use cutting-edge computer technology to implement and strictly enforce complex immigration laws more efficiently, our immigration attorneys provide clients with sound advice and competent representation when confronting immigration issues, whether they be those associated with an investment, a corporate buyout or merger, the employment of foreign personnel, or regulatory compliance matters.
Whether you are a corporation seeking to employ a foreign national or you are a foreign individual making an investment, our multilingual immigration attorneys will enable you to effectively navigate the applicable U.S. immigration laws to facilitate your needs. Our immigration attorneys work with GrayRobinson attorneys in other practice areas firmwide - labor and employment, tax, and corporate for example - to offer a wealth of cross-disciplinary experience to respond to immigration issues presenting themselves in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, software and technology, health care, transportation, banking and financial services, construction and real estate, education, broadcasting, film and other media, sports, manufacturing, and hospitality.
Our services encompass representation before, as appropriate to the particular matter, the Department of Homeland Security (including U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement), the U.S. Department of State (including visa processing at U.S. embassies and consulates around the world), and the U.S. Department of Labor. We advise and assist clients regarding:
- Nonimmigrant visa petitions for business owners and investors, international trading companies, multinational executives and managers, individuals filling specialty occupations, as well as skilled and unskilled foreign workers to be employed by U.S. companies as well as temporary visitors (E-1, E-2, E-3, L-1, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, J-1 and B-1/B-2 visas);
- Nonimmigrant visa petitions for sports teams and individuals, entertainment groups, artists, actors, film and television personnel and other extraordinary individuals (O and P visas);
- Immigrant visa petitions and permanent residence applications for employment, investment and family-based immigrants (with and without labor certification);
- Immigrant investor (EB-5) visa program and regional centers;
- Visa processing of immigrant and nonimmigrant visas at consular posts worldwide;
- Employment eligibility verification, E-Verify and Form I-9 audits and compliance proceedings;
- H-1B labor condition application wage and hour investigations and compliance proceedings;
- Pre-immigration strategy planning for intending immigrants;
- Immigration due diligence related to corporate mergers and acquisitions; and
- Naturalization applications and related nationality and citizenship issues.