Collaborating with private clients to navigate and execute all wealth management needs, including estate, trust, probate, and wealth transfer matters.
Carl Westman has over 50 years of experience in the complex field of private client services. With deep ties in the Southwest Florida and Naples community, he assists clients with all tax, estate, trust, probate, and wealth transfer needs.
Focusing his practice on the various areas of estate planning, Carl also assists with charitable planning and estate administration, including highly complicated estates, and provides counsel to tax-exempt organizations.
- The Estero Chamber of Commerce, Person of the Year Award in 2009.
- The Legacy Award presented by the American Red Cross in 2011.
- Co-Author, "Commentary: Volunteer Physicians, Dentists Needed to Meet Demand," Naples Daily News, November 2016
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Health Law Section
- Executive Council, of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections of the Florida Bar and Former Chair of the Trust Law Section.
- Former legislative revision committee chairs for the Probate Law Section and the Trust Law Section.
- Collier County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, Sustaining Member
- NCH Healthcare System, Inc., Former Chair, Board of Trustees, 2005-2010, Former Trustee, 1992-2011
- Naples Community Hospital, Inc., Former Chair, Board of Trustees, 2001-2010, Former Trustee, 1992-2011
- University of Pikeville, Former Trustee, 1993-2005
- Marco Island Marina Association, Former President and Director, 2005-2011
- The Ware Bluegrass Foundation, Inc. Managing Director 1999 to 2019, Chair 2020 to date.
- Community Foundation of Collier County, Inc., Founding Board Member and former Vice President
- David Lawrence Mental Health Foundation, former Chair and Board Member
- Friendship Health Clinic, Former Chair, Collier County Board of Directors, 2011-2018
- Senior Friendship Centers, Former Member of the Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Miami School of Law, 1972
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law , 1969
- B.B.A., Sam Houston State University, 1966
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida