515 North Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Litigation and government relations strategist focused on economic development, defending and advocating for client interests, and guiding clients through Palm Beach and other local government protocols.
Phillip Hutchinson has firmly established himself as a skillful practitioner in government affairs and complex litigation. As a staunch advocate for his clients, Phillip helps navigate government regulatory landscapes, particularly in real estate and commercial development projects.
Drawing from over two decades of experience in government relations, real estate law, and litigation, Phillip successfully defends clients in complex litigation scenarios across state and federal jurisdictions. His diverse practice spans product liability disputes, claims involving automobile rollovers, construction defects issues (including delay claims), insurance coverage defense, eminent domain actions, employment discrimination matters, non-competition agreements, and real estate disputes, including those concerning commercial leases.
Prior to attending law school, Phillip designed jet engines for military fighter aircrafts as a trained aerospace engineer.
- On behalf of the City of Lake Worth Beach, negotiated the development rights for the renovation and reopening of the historic Gulfstream Hotel by St. Louis-based hotelier.
- Successfully defended sporting goods apparel manufacturer in federal class action suit alleging deceptive business practices via website.
- Successfully asserted construction defect claims on behalf of a resort owner relating to flooding and various related building defects.
- Successfully defended a Florida municipality in class action claim asserting improper classification of volunteers.
- Secured site and land use approvals for the opening of a medical clinic to serve the underprivileged community in downtown Palm Beach.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2023
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Exceptional Pro-Bono Service, Palm Beach County Bar, 2020-2021
- Palm Beach Illustrated, Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2020
- Urban League of Palm Beach County, Bronze Supporter
- "Personnel File --- People on the Move, October 4, 2023," News Service of Florida, October 4, 2023
- "Former Greenberg Traurig Litigator Heads to GrayRobinson to Focus More on Lobbying Work," Daily Business Review, September 27, 2023
- "Greenberg Traurig Litigator Jumps To GrayRobinson In Fla.," Law360, September 26, 2023
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Eminent Domain Committee
- Judicial Nomination Committee
- Professional Ethics Committee, Chair
- Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Committee, 2011–2015
- Urban League of Palm Beach County
- Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1997
- B.S., University of Florida, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court