Chris McCannell brings more than 20 years of Washington experience and insight to the clients of GrayRobinson. His clients include Angel Capital Association, Prudential Plc., Center for American Entrepreneurship, National Association of Truck Stop Operators, Manufactured Housing Institute, 98Point6, US Travel, Etihad Airlines, and Broadmark Capital. Chris is known for his high-level engagement with House Democratic leadership on behalf of his clients.
Prior to joining Eris Group, GrayRobinson’s predecessor, Chris led APCO Worldwide’s Washington financial services and government relations practice. He previously served as vice president of government affairs at Ameriprise Financial and as a director at Quinn Gillespie & Associates, a bipartisan government relations firm in Washington, D.C.
Before joining Ameriprise Financial, Chris was chief of staff to Rep. Michael E. McMahon. Earlier in his career, he served as chief of staff and floor assistant to Rep. Joseph Crowley, a member of the Committee on Ways and Means and chair of the Democratic caucus. Chris was also press secretary to Rep. Steny H. Hoyer. He began his career as a press assistant in the office of Sen. Frank Lautenberg and the office of the Democratic Policy Committee.
Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts in political science with a concentration in international relations from Fordham University.
* Denotes non-attorney professional
Chris is a senior government affairs consultant in the firms Washington, D.C., office. He holds a bachelor of arts in political science with a concentration in international relations from Fordham University.
- Fordham University, B.A., Political Science
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Board Member, Fordham Club of Washington, D.C.
- Board Member, Jewish Community Relations Council of Washington
- Advisory Board Member, Tzedek DC a non-profit dedicated to financial literacy
- New Leadership Network, American Israel Public Affairs Committee
- Steering Committee, New Democrat Coalition
Awards & Recognitions
- Top Lobbyist, The Hill, 2019-2020
Presentations & Seminars
- "Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Plan and Fall Timeline," Associated Equipment Distributors, September 21, 2021
- "Putting Career Advice to Work in the Political Sphere," Aspen Institute International Career Advancement Program, September 18, 2021
- "Putting Career Advice to Work in the Political Sphere," Aspen Institute International Career Advancement Program, July 25, 2021
- "GrayRobinson Florida Legislative Session Weekly Roundup," April 2, 2021
- "The American Rescue Plan Explained," Angel Capital Association Webinar, April 7, 2021
- "The American Rescue Plan Explained," The Payroll Group Webinar, March 25, 2021
- "The American Rescue Plan Explained," GrayRobinson Webinar, March 18, 2021
- Upcoming Real Estate and Tax Legislation, The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, March 11, 2021
- "New Year = New Biden Administration: What Should We Expect?" GrayRobinson Webinar, January 13, 2021
- "Recapping One of the Most Historic Elections in the History of the United States," GrayRobinson Webinar, November 12, 2020
- "Preview of the 2020 Federal Election," October 20, 2020
- "IPA Election Coverage – Part 1," Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA) Webinar, October 1, 2020
- "Beneficial Ownership and Blue Sky Fees - How Proposed Legislation Could Impact Small Businesses," September 9, 2020
- "Families First (Paid leave) Legislation and CARES Act," National Association of Truck Stop Operators (NATSO) Webinar, April 9, 2020
- "Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act," Town of Windermere Virtual Town Hall Meeting, April 6, 2020