333 S.E. 2nd Avenue
Miami, Florida 33131
Ted is chair of the firm’s class action defense team. For nearly two decades, he has defended national class action lawsuits in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate court levels. Ted focuses on consumer class actions premised on alleged deceptive and unfair business and sales practices such as product mislabeling, false advertising, and breach of warranty. He has litigated and argued on appeal unique class action issues, including novel theories pertaining to the removal of class action lawsuits from state courts to federal courts pursuant to the Class Action Fairness Act. With each case, he strives to minimize the burden of discovery and disclosure. He recently represented multiple defendants in two federal class action lawsuits seeking over $200 million each in class-wide damages.
As an accomplished appellate attorney, Ted handles appeals of trial court and administrative rulings in state and federal courts. He has briefed and argued constitutional issues, class action certification questions, and a host of commercial liability disputes in the federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the majority of Florida’s appellate courts.
Ted is admitted to practice before the U.S. Appellate Court for the 11th Circuit; U.S. district courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern districts of Florida; and all Florida trial and appellate courts.
- Represents the world's largest funeral home and cemetery company in commercial, regulatory, personal injury class action, and individual lawsuits.
- Represents national and local companies in business and intellectual property disputes.
- Represented the estate of one of the world's most prominent artists in enforcing the artist's copyright and trademark interests.
- University of Virginia, B.A. (with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, 1989)
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (1992)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009-2021
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Top Lawyer, 2011-2018, 2020-2021
- Up and Comer, 2009-2010
- Daily Business Review
- Top Rated Lawyer, Appellate Law, 2013
- South Florida's Most Effective Lawyers, 2011
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2007-2010
Articles & Publications
- “Appeals Court Stays Out of Case Based on Jewish Burial Rites,” Daily Business Review, August 2016
- "Mooting Class Action Claims With Offers of Judgment," Daily Business Review, February 2016
- "Ruling Renders Emotional Harm Damages Unavailable," Daily Business Review, January 13, 2014
Presentations & Seminars
- “Winning Strategies For Handling Class & Collective Wage And Hour Actions,” 26th National Forum on Wage & Hour Claims and Class Actions, American Conference Institute (ACI), January 28-29, 2016
- "Overcoming Individual and Class Action Settlement Hurdles and Unique Ethical Considerations in Collective and Class Action Wage and Hour Settlements," 24th National Forum on Wage & Hour Claims and Class Actions, American Conference Institute (ACI), New York City, May 28-29, 2015