333 SE 2nd Avenue
Miami, Florida 33131
Christopher's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and arbitration, real estate litigation, creditors' rights, antitrust, insurance law, health law and aviation law.
Christopher represents clients at trial and on appeal in both state and federal courts and in arbitration. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeal for the 11th Circuit and in the U.S. district courts for the Middle, Southern and Northern districts of Florida.
- Represented clients in complex commercial disputes concerning both contractual and internal governance issues.
- Represented lenders and trustees in complex commercial foreclosures and workouts.
- Represented creditors enforcing claims against fraudulently transferred assets, real estate and liability policies.
- Tried and arbitrated cases applying foreign law from multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented clients in bid disputes with county and municipal authorities.
- Represented clients in state tax refund actions.
- Represented clients both enforcing and contesting foreign judgments.
- Performed internal investigations related to antitrust allegations and attorney general investigations.
- Represented health insurer in class actions, commercial disputes and claims disputes.
- Represented major airlines and litigated $1 billion airport expansion program.
- Represented group health insurer in major contract dispute with the group.
- Represented clients in environmental litigation over sale of contaminated real estate.
- U.S. Military Academy, B.S. (1989)
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (magna cum laude, 1995)
- University of Miami Law Review, Executive Editor
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Appellate Practice and Advocacy
- Business Law Section
- International Law Section, Executive Council, 2009-2011; 2012-2017
- 11th Circuit Grievance Committee B, 2013-2015
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2009
- Finalist for the Daily Business Review Most Effective Lawyers for International Litigation, 2007
Articles and Publications
- Author, "Opponents of New Expert Witness Rule Rely on Outdated Authority," Daily Business Review, November 2015
- Co-Author, "When Is a Manager a Managing Agent?," The Florida Bar Journal, January 1, 2001