Vanessa Steinerts is located in the Tampa Bay area and practices throughout Florida. Focusing her practice on public finance, she represents cities, counties, school boards, universities, community development districts, and aviation, port, and other special districts, as well as banking institutions and underwriters, serving in the roles of bond counsel, disclosure counsel, trustee’s counsel, underwriters’ counsel, and bank counsel.
In addition to serving as counsel for numerous special districts throughout the state, Vanessa has served as counsel to the City of Coral Springs Community Redevelopment Agency, as General Counsel to the Broward County Clerk of Courts, and as Assistant City Attorney to the City of Tamarac. Vanessa’s experience also includes serving as counsel in the creation of special districts throughout Florida, performing due diligence for real estate transactions, and advising governmental entities on complex legal matters, policies, and procedures for daily operations relating to compliance with specific laws, rules, and regulations.
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, 1997
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Government Lawyer Section of the Florida Bar
- City, County, and Local Government Law Section of the Florida Bar
Awards and Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- "GrayRobinson Adds Public Finance Pro From Tampa Boutique," Law360, March 7, 2023
- "Vanessa T. Steinerts Joins GrayRobinson's Public Finance Team," citybiz, March 8, 2023