Business transformation consultant helping forward-thinking companies amplify and expand opportunities nationally and globally. Focus on capital raising, M&A strategy, and international expansion.
Randy Fields is a trusted advisor to some of the world’s most innovative companies. His business transformation consultancy is centered on helping clients build resilience and realize meaningful growth in an increasingly competitive and disrupted global economy. He has valuable sector expertise in agriculture, automotive, banking and finance, hospitality, real estate, and manufacturing, among others. His network of client relationships has included The Walt Disney Company, SunTrust Bank, Darden Restaurants, Hubbard Construction, Ford Motor Company, and Lockheed Martin.
Known for his keen financial literacy and executive-level thinking in managing business risks and opportunities, Randy provides strategic guidance for clients navigating all aspects and phases of corporate and commercial operations - from start-ups and capital raising to profitable target market expansion. His many years of corporate legal experience informs his practical advisory approach and a diverse portfolio of service offerings, which includes business planning, M&A strategy, joint ventures, equity and debt financing, IPO and securities advisory, franchising and licensing, and international transactions.
Over the course of his decades-long legal practice, Randy served in partnership roles at several of the most powerful law firms in Florida and as lead counsel on hundreds of national and international transactions. Randy is recognized as one of the most influential business leaders and dealmakers in the state. He has served on the boards of directors, including as chair, for numerous commercial and charitable organizations. He frequently collaborates with GrayRobinson colleagues in the administrative and regulatory, taxation, public finance, and securities practices to provide business clients with the full complement of strategic advisory services.
* Denotes non-attorney professional
- Represented bank holding company in a series of capital-raising activities (debt and equity), over 30 acquisitions, and its ultimate merger with a larger company.
- Served as counsel for sellers and buyers of businesses in more than 200 national and international transactions, in deals ranging from several million to a billion dollars.
- Represented venture capital firms and emerging growth companies in connection with start-ups, financing rounds, acquisitions, IPOs, and company changes of ownership.
- Created the American Monetary Funding (AMF) to raise funds for companies; AMF transitioned to Semones & Fields, an investment bank which sought funds for companies involved in transportation, food and beverage, and agriculture.
- Co-Founded Florida Angel Network, comprised of dozens of angel investors which collaborated with The University of Central Florida to fund start-ups.
- Established Globenet Stock Exchange, a company designed to serve as a stock exchange for smaller, private companies, and which was successfully sold to Archipelago where its software still operates the New York Stock Exchange.
- Founded R&S Fields, LLC (R&S), now known as RHFields Consultancy, LLC, a business consultancy and investment firm, which:
- Acquired a General Motors dealership and as a dealer, doubled sales and quadrupled profits with the addition of a truck line.
- Advised numerous Florida automotive dealerships, which led to a billion dollar purchase price offer for one of the largest dealership groups in the U.S.
- Acquired a 3,000 acre operating cattle ranch in Uruguay, which was sold for several times the purchase price.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003-2023
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Orlando Magazine, Best Lawyers, 2003-2014, 2019-2021
- Orlando Business Journal, Most Influential Businessmen, 2009
- American Field Service, Board of Directors, Past Member
- CapTec USA, LLC, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Central Florida Innovation Corporation, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Drusilla Farwell Foundation, President
- Economic Development Commission of Mid-Florida, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Fields Automotive Group, Principal
- Gencor Industries, Inc., Board of Directors, Past Member
- HomeBancorp, Inc., Board of Directors, Past Member
- Orlando Municipal Planning Board, Past Chair
- Orlando Opera Company, Past Chair
- Rollins College Hamilton Holt School, Past Chair and Member
- State of Florida’s Black Business Investment Board, Past Chair
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1967
- M.B.A., University of Michigan, 1967
- B.A., Dartmouth College, with High Honors