301 East Pine Street
Orlando, Florida 32801
Randy's wide range of experience has included all phases of corporate and commercial law. Randy brings a practical, business-oriented approach to his clients' problems, focusing on accomplishing his clients' objectives efficiently and effectively. His experience and contacts have proven invaluable to clients seeking equity or debt financing.
Areas of Emphasis
- Public offerings
- Corporate law
- Securities law
- Public finance
- Municipal finance
- Regulatory matters
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Venture capital
- Represented a bank holding company in a series of capital-raising activities (debt and equity), over 30 acquisitions and its ultimate merger into larger company.
- Represented start-up and seasoned companies in IPOs (Internet, mobile homes, banks, automobile retailers, automotive parts, manufacturers, insurance, health care, computer, computer software, building products, high tech medical products).
- Served as counsel for sellers and buyers of businesses in more than 200 transactions, involving deals ranging from several million to a billion dollars.
- Represented many venture capital firms and emerging growth companies in connection with start-ups, financing rounds, acquisitions, IPOs and company changes of ownership.
- Dartmouth College, B.A. (high honors)
- University of Michigan, M.B.A. (1967)
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (1967)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section, Member
- Economic Development Commission of Mid-Florida, Inc., Board of Directors
- Central Florida Innovation Corporation (CFIC), Board of Directors
- American Field Service (International Exchange Student Program, New York), Board of Directors
- Orlando Municipal Planning Board, Chair
- State of Florida's Black Business Investment Board, Chair
- Orlando Opera Company, Chair
- Hamilton Holt School, Rollins College, Chair
- Gencor Industries, Inc., and HomeBancorp, Inc., Board of Directors
- CapTec USA, LLC, Board of Directors
- Drusilla Farwell Foundation, President
- Fields Automotive Group, Principal
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003-2021
- Lawyer of the Year, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2015
- Orlando Magazine , Best Lawyers, 2003-2014, 2019-2021
- Orlando Business Journal, Most Influential Businessman (legal industry), 2009
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Orlando Magazine, Central Florida's Top Attorney, 2005
- Orlando Business Journal, Best Corporate Attorney in Orlando, October 2000
- Leading (General Business) Florida Attorney
Articles & Publications
- Author, "Comparison of the Florida General Corporation Act With Prior Law"
Presentations & Seminars
- Frequent lecturer on acquisitions, mergers and securities law