Commercially savvy and sensible dealmaker and advisor. Boots-on-the-ground knowledge of Northeast Florida real estate.
Jeff Rood is an accomplished real estate attorney who confidently walks with clients in high-pressure moments to push tricky deals over their unexpected hurdles. Jeff consistently focuses on understanding the client’s objectives and concerns, which can change throughout an engagement. With such understanding, he deploys his technical drafting skills and the firm’s resources to close the transaction or resolve whatever issue the client is facing.
Jeff represented local and national lenders, investors, and owner-operators at GrayRobinson from 2016 through 2021 and rejoined the firm in late 2023 after spending two years in commercial real estate brokerage, focused on industrial property sales and leasing. From that experience, he developed valuable market knowledge of pricing and deal terms and a deeper understanding of how owner-operators utilize their space.
- Served as tenant leasing agent for 45,000 square foot manufacturing property and 13,000 square foot logistics property.
- Served as seller agent for 3.3-acre industrial outdoor storage property and 5,500 square foot retail property.
- Served as counsel to high-profile foreign buyer of $12 million home in exclusive island community.
- Served as counsel to partnership in the sale of mixed-use development for $23.5 million, including purchase money financing.
- Served as counsel to owners of skilled nursing facilities in $24 million and $9 million sales.
- Served as counsel to owner of hotel property in $18 million sale.
- Served as lender counsel in $74.5 million construction loan for luxury condominium.
- Served as lender counsel in bankruptcy proceedings, including credit bids of hotels.
- Served as tenant leasing counsel for law firms, medical practices, and other businesses.
- Served as landlord leasing counsel to owner of 335,000 square foot, four-property, 20-tenant industrial portfolio. Additionally, served as sole counsel in successful $38 million sale of portfolio.
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch - Real Estate Law, 2021-2022
- Jacksonville Magazine, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Ilene Sari Selevan Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation and Foundation of Northeast Florida, 2020
- “Bankruptcy Law for Commercial Landlords, Tenants and Brokers,” Jacksonville Bar Association, Environmental and Real Property Law Committee Lunch and Learn, February 22, 2023
- "Real Estate Pro Returns To GrayRobinson After Stint As Agent," Law360, November 6, 2023
- "Personnel File --- People on the Move, November 6, 2023," News Service of Florida, November 6, 2023
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jewish Federation and Foundation of Northeast Florida
- Board of Directors, 2019-2023
- Riverside Avondale Preservation, 2017-2018, 2022-2023
- Rail Yard District Business Counsel, 2022
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., University of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida