401 East Jackson Street
Tampa, Florida 33602
Attorney Jeanette Flores is a shareholder in the Tampa law office of GrayRobinson focusing on commercial real estate transactions. She represents clients in a variety of real estate projects, including office buildings, shopping centers, apartment complexes and residential communities. Jeanette’s work involves all aspects of these projects, including entitlements, development, acquisitions and dispositions. She has considerable experience in leasing, including ground leases, sale-leasebacks and retail, office and industrial leasing.
Jeanette represents a wide range of real estate clients, including pension fund advisors, banks, national retailers and developers. She has significant experience in the health care arena representing not for profit hospitals.
A Midwestern native, Jeanette grew up in rural Illinois and then the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, graduating from Northern Michigan University with degrees in political science and journalism. She attended Loyola University of Chicago School of Law on a scholarship and began her legal career in Chicago before moving to Florida to join the law firm of Carlton Fields. She has been practicing at GrayRobinson for more than 15 years.
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, J.D. (cum laude, 1985) (top 5%)
- Law Review Articles Editor
- Northern Michigan University, B.S. (summa cum laude, 1981)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Representation of a pension fund advisor in the sale of real estate assets throughout the Southeast for more than fifteen years, including the sale of a $160,000,000 apartment complex and acquisition and management of hotels.
- Representation of a global real estate fund in the sale of a $116,000,000 shopping center.
- Representation of a national bank in the merger and acquisition of a number of banks, including FDIC failed banks, and serving as lead counsel on the transfer of real estate assets. Handled leasing, acquiring and managing the bank’s branches and offices on a nationwide basis.
- Representation of a national grocery chain in the acquisition and development of shopping centers throughout Florida and leasing.
- Representation of a multi-state hospital group for more than twenty years, including developing new hospital campuses, in medical office buildings and urgent care facilities.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2021
- Tampa “Top Rated Lawyer,” Real Estate, 2013
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Past President of Tampa Bay
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Leadership Tampa Member
- Tampa YMCA, Volunteer