301 East Pine Street
Orlando, Florida 32801
401 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
Prudent litigator and polished negotiator protecting clients in challenging commercial real estate matters for over 30 years.
Carlos has been serving clients throughout central and south Florida for more than 30 years and is a certified court mediator by the Supreme Court of Florida. He represents asset and loan portfolio managers, private lenders, and investors in connection with complex commercial foreclosure litigation. He has handled prosecuting and defending claims involving breach of contracts, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, and partition actions. Additional litigation experience includes trade secret violations and breach of non-compete agreements.
On the transactional side of his practice, Carlos represents buyers, sellers, investors, and development groups in connection with all aspects of purchasing, selling, or developing commercial real estate, including contract negotiations for sale and purchase agreements, construction loans, loan refinancing, due diligence, title review and policy issuance. He has closed over $100M in commercial closings. Additionally, Carlos handles commercial real estate lease drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and execution for landlords and tenants.
- Represented ASPIRA of Florida, a nonprofit organization that operated charter schools and youth programs in South Florida, in connection with the wind-down of the organization, including the negotiation and sale of three commercial properties, involving various mortgage, tax credit, and bond issues related to the sale.
- Represented investment real estate group Lexi Commons LLC in the purchase of a $6.7 million 19,438-square foot retail space at the Shoppes at the Lexi, which required handling numerous complex issues, including a court-approved purchase out of bankruptcy, and defending against commercial association delinquency charges.
- Represented investment real estate group Sheridan Real Estate Group, LLC (an affiliate of construction firm ANF Group, Inc.), and its principals on a $14.23 million commercial refinance loan for Sheridan Village, a multi-building commercial complex located at 16661-16666 Sheridan Street in Pembroke Pines, consisting of over 63,000 square feet of retail and self-storage space.
- Represented joint development group Cypress Creek Medical Pavilion, LLC and Axis HealthCare Partners, LLC and its principal and lead contractor, ANF Group, and its principals on a $19.17 million construction loan for the newly constructed 79,812 square foot medical office building at West Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Represented joint venture Stone Creek Development of SW Ranches, LLC in connection with a $2.1 million construction loan renewal.
- Represented a development group in connection with a $4.8 million construction loan for the construction of a commercial retail shopping center.
- Represented MAP Legacy in connection with the $13.5 million purchase, out of a receivership, of The Signature Grand, a landmark banquet hall in Broward County, Florida.
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Real Estate Attorney Closes on his Largest Construction Loan Yet,” Daily Business Review, August 15, 2017
- “Businesses and Florida’s Trade Secret Act,” Daily Business Review, May 4, 2017
- "People on the Move," Orlando Sentinel, June 9, 2022
- "GrayRobinson Adds Real Estate Shareholder In Orlando," Law360, May 13, 2022
- BNI Broward Partners Chapter, 2012-present
- Broward County Charter Commission, Commissioner, 2015-2018
- Broward County Hispanic Bar Association, 1989-present
- Leadership Florida, 2003-present
- Light of the World Clinic, 1995-present
- NSU Levan Ambassadors Board, 2017-present
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1986
- B.S., University of Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida