The attorney general defense practice group is focused on defending litigation and investigations brought by the Florida Attorney General while helping shape policy matters on behalf of businesses, local governments and individuals.
Our Attorney General Defense practice group is unique among law firms, set apart by the inside knowledge our team provides given their experience serving in various government positions. The following team members have notable relevant experience:
- Brian Bieber has represented privately held businesses, publicly traded companies, educational institutions, and individuals who have allegedly violated State, Federal, and/or Administrative law. Several of these matters involved investigations and claims brought by various Florida State Attorneys General.
- Jason L. Unger has represented banks, educational institutions and other corporations before the Attorney General's Office as to the FDUTPA and other investigatory matters. He has also served as Special Counsel to the Florida House of Representatives.
- Bradley S. Gould worked at the State of Florida Attorney General's Office representing the Florida Department of Transportation in condemnation cases.
- Christopher N. Johnson has performed internal investigations related to antitrust allegations and Attorney General investigations.
The Attorney General Defense practice group is supported by the government relations practice group, administrative and regulatory practice group, antitrust and trade regulation practice group and criminal and white collar defense practice group.
- The Government Relations team is comprised of attorneys and government consultants who work collaboratively at the local government level and at the legislative, executive branch and Cabinet levels in Tallahassee year round.
- Members of the Administrative and Regulatory team have appeared extensively in administrative proceedings at the Division of Administrative Hearings and in negotiations with individual state agencies including Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration, Department of Health, Department of Education, Department of Transportation, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Office of Insurance Regulation, Department of Financial Services, and Department of Children and Families.
- GrayRobinson Antitrust and Trade Regulation attorneys have substantial experience representing respondents in connection with investigations by state and federal enforcement authorities, including defending grand jury investigations, pricefixing investigations, investigations on monopolization and unfair competition. Antitrust and Trade Regulation team members regularly represent clients before the U.S. Department of Justice, the Florida Attorney General, the Florida Public Service Commission and State and Federal Courts.
- The Criminal and White Collar Defense team are nationally renowned criminal defense lawyers. They practice in all State and Federal Courts across the United States, as well as internationally. The team focuses on criminal, civil and regulatory defense of corporate executives and prominent clients in responding to law enforcement agencies.