Doyle is a member of the Firm’s government affairs and lobbying group and leads the federal lobbying arm of GrayRobinson. In his early career, Doyle served for five years as Chief of Staff to Representative Bill McCollum, supporting Congressman McCollum's work as vice chair of the House Banking Committee and chair of the House Judiciary Committee's Crime Subcommittee. He oversaw Bill McCollum's race for the U.S. Senate in 1999-2000 and his successful campaign for Florida Attorney General in 2006. Doyle cofounded the Eris Group in 2003 which was acquired by GrayRobinson in 2019.
From 1988 to 1994, Doyle was general counsel and senior vice president for Legislative Services with the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, the professional association of state banking regulators. Before his time there, he was Manager of State Government Relations at Freddie Mac. Doyle came to Washington in 1984 as staff to the House Banking Committee, supporting Congressman Bill McCollum in his position as ranking member of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy. He had previously served as McCollum's district representative in Orlando, Florida.
Doyle is an adjunct professor at the University of Florida's Department of Political Science where he teaches a graduate level seminar on federal advocacy.
- Top Lobbyist, The Hill, 2019-2021
- DC’s top "Hired Guns," The Hill
- "Session Highlight: Regulatory Trends and Legislative Outlook," Institute for Portfolio Alternatives 2022 Vision and Due Diligence Symposium, September 21, 2022
- "The Federal Funding Trifecta: Understanding and Navigating the IIJA, the BBB, and Appropriations in Washington," GrayRobinson Webinar, November 17, 2021
- "New Year = New Biden Administration: What Should We Expect?" GrayRobinson Webinar, January 13, 2021
- "Recapping One of the Most Historic Elections in the History of the United States," GrayRobinson Webinar, November 12, 2020
- "Don't Get Spooked: 2020 Elections and the law," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Virtual Event, October 29, 2020
- "Preview of the 2020 Federal Election," October 20, 2020
- "IPA Election Coverage – Part 1," Institute for Portfolio Alternatives Webinar, October 1, 2020
- "The Hong Kong Autonomy Act," China General Chamber of Commerce E-Connects Webinar, July 30, 2020
- Panelist, "Political Priorities and Threats Facing the Banking Industry," 2019 Utah Association of Financial Services (UAFS) and National Association of Industrial Bankers (NAIB) Convention, Park City, UT, August 14-16, 2019
- "Federal and State Government Affairs Update," GrayRobinson Community Leader Forum, Gainesville, FL, May 14, 2019
- Panelist, Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) 2019 Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, FL, March 18-21, 2019
- The Oklahoma Bar
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Adjunct Professor, University of Florida
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.S., University of Florida