MIAMI, FL – February 21, 2019 – Immigration attorney Nicolas J. Watkins, shareholder in GrayRobinson’s Miami office, will present at the UK/U.S. Comparative Immigration Law event to be hosted at GrayRobinson’s office in Miami by the British American Business Council on Thursday, February 21 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Watkins will be one of three Immigration lawyers from the UK and Florida presenting, who will provide the group an immigration update focusing on hot topics in US and UK immigration law in order to answer questions such as:
- What will be the impact of Brexit on UK and US immigration levels?
- How easy or difficult is it to immigrate to the UK? To the US?
- s there a special relationship between the UK and US as it relates to immigration of US nationals to the UK and vice versa?
- Generally, what family members can immigrate to the US and is it the same for UK? How long does it take?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a quota-based Immigration system versus one based on merit?
- Does it make a difference if the immigrant is a high net worth or not when immigrating to the UK and to the US?