401 East Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
Mike focuses his practice on insurance representation. He has extensive experience in litigating insurance coverage (life, health, accident and disability), insurance bad faith, employment, employee benefits, and ERISA claims. Practicing for 20 years, Mike has also litigated a wide range of real property and commercial disputes from inception to resolution in the state and federal courts of Florida and before arbitration tribunals.
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, B.A. (magna cum laude, 1992)
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., (magna cum laude, 1997)
- Order of the Coif, 1997
- Business Law Journal, 1996
- Research and Writing Editor
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Diploma in Insurance, 2013
- Certificate in Insurance Policy Wording, 2011
- Lloyd's London Market Examination, 2010
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Chartered Insurance Institute of London
Articles & Publications
- “Patent Troll Litigation as an Artifice to Obtain Your Non-Party Client’s Trade Secrets: Not on Your Watch,” ABA Intellectual Property Litigation, 6 (Winter 2006).
- “The Spirited and Ongoing “Own Occupation Debate,” D.R.I. Life, Health & Disability News, 1 (Summer 2003).
- “Fighting Fradulent Joinder: Proving the Impossible and Preserving Your Corporate Client’s Right to a Federal Forum,” 24 AM. J. Trial Advoc. 297 (Fall 2000).