301 East Pine Street
Orlando, Florida 32801
Andrew is a transactional real estate attorney who specializes in representing sophisticated real estate investment companies in connection with the acquisition, financing, operation, and disposition of luxury and resort hospitality properties throughout the United States. In addition, Andrew counsels Central Florida based developers, homebuilders, private equity groups, and investors in the acquisition, financing, entitlement, development, and sale of property in Florida.
Andrew represents clients in all phases of a real estate transaction, including contract negotiation, due diligence, land acquisition/disposition, financing, and analysis and procurement of land use approvals and entitlements. Andrew also has experience with general matters relating to residential real estate, homeowners’ associations, and commercial leasing. As a complement to his transactional practice, Andrew also has significant representative experience in matters dealing with corporate and general business law, including structuring partnerships and joint ventures.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. (magna cum laude, 2003)
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business, M.S. real estate (2006)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (cum laude, 2006)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Morning Star School, Board of Directors, Past President
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2021
- Florida Trend Legal Elite "Up and Comer," 2014
- Orlando Magazine, Best Lawyers, 2019-2021
- Andrew has served as transaction counsel in connection with the acquisition of a variety of dynamic luxury and boutique hotel properties located throughout the United States, including ground leased and subleased assets, hotel condominium (i.e. – “condo-tel”) projects, portfolio acquisitions, redevelopment properties, joint venture arrangements, mixed use hotel projects, and public-private partnerships. Andrew’s significant hospitality experience includes the following representative transactions:
- Acquisition of two branded hotel properties appurtenant to a luxury shopping mall in Houston, Texas for $220 million;
- Acquisition of a ground leased luxury hotel property in Santa Clara, California for $93 million;
- Acquisition of a portfolio of boutique luxury hotels located in Portland, Chicago, and Salt Lake City for $189 million;
- Acquisition of a ground leased hotel in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii for $180 million; and
- Acquisition of a ground leased luxury hotel, together with a recently completed hotel addition, located in Boston, Massachusetts for $136 million.
- Andrew has also served as disposition counsel in connection with the sale of a variety of complex hotel assets, including luxury, boutique, and select-service properties.
- Andrew served as real estate transaction counsel in connection with the sale of a privately owned Central Florida homebuilding company and portfolio of residential real estate assets to a publicly traded homebuilding company for $65 million.
- Andrew served as real estate transaction counsel in connection with the purchase, entitlement, development, financing, and disposition of a variety of single family residential projects in the Greater Orlando market.